Monday, March 12, 2012

A Fiesta Themed Bridal Shower: Part 1

Yesterday I had the pleasure of hosting a bridal shower with three of my best friends.  We decided on a fiesta theme for Caroline's shower and wanted it to have a very laid back feel.  We chose Chez Guevara as the location for its whimsical charm and delicious food.  Instead of creating a custom dinner we allowed guest to order off of the full menu.  This worked really well for us, but I do not recommend for groups over 30.  Creating a custom menu narrows down choices and speeds up the ordering process.  We had the tables pre-set with all of the essentials (salsa, queso and pitchers of margaritas) so the guests could start digging in right away!  

We ordered a plain two-tiered strawberry cake
 from Sugar Buzz Bakers & added the decor ourselves.  
Sugar Buzz cakes are AMAZING!! The Mexican crepe
paper flowers were ordered from Amols in San Antonio.
I made this cake topper by stringing pom pom balls
with a needle and thread and attaching to two
bamboo sticks.
Striped straws from Shop Sweet Lulus margaritas.
I actually forgot these in my car :(
We used a long table to seat everyone and brought in
our own cream linens to set it apart from the other
restaurant tables.



Check back tomorrow for more party pics!

-a.e.h.


6 comments:

  1. What a great color scheme!! I absolutely LOVE the cake topper! Where did you find the mini tissue poms?

    Thanks!

    ~Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a pack of toothpicks at hobby lobby in one of the party aisles that had those paper pom poms attached to the top. I took them home and pulled them off the top of the toothpicks and strung them through w the fabric
    poms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How ingenious! Thanks for the tip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue vases! Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete