Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentines Day Crafting Party




 



For lent this year I have decided to give up "not blogging" which means you will be seeing lots more of me (I am really hoping someone cheered after reading that). Anyways, I wanted to share some pictures from a Valentines Crafting Party I had at my apartment this past weekend for a very special little eight year old.  Just because you are throwing a party for two and/or your guest list includes no one over the age of ten doesn't mean you can't include lots of festive details. 

I picked up these adorable petit fours at Sweet Celebrations.  The gold plated silverware was picked up from a vintage store in Knoxville.  For the centerpieces I picked up roses from the local grocery store, trimmed the leaves and stems, and cut them so they would gather right at the opening of the containers.  For the vases I used a cocktail shaker (with the top removed), a rocks glass, and a Marc Blackwell glass (similar here).  I arranged them on a vintage mirrored tray I found on Ebay.  

We had such a great time making valentines & decorating sugar cookies.  To make valentines I just picked up several packs of blank cards and envelopes- some kraft paper, some red, and some white.  I bought ribbon, pre-glittered stickers (saves so much time and makes less of a mess), some fun paint, and calligraphy markers. To write on the sugar cookies I made a piping bag out of a zip-lock baggie.  You simply scrape the frosting into the bag with a spatula, push it all towards one corner, and snip a tiny bit off the end. 

 I can't wait to throw a bigger (and possibly more adult friendly) party next year. My wish for all of you is that your Valentine's day is full of love!  XOXO!

-a.e.h.
Shop my favorite v-day finds here:





2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're back!!! :) Happy vday!

    ReplyDelete