Friday, January 13, 2012

Maggie Jones: Top Ten Beauty Buys of 2011

I was thrilled when my good friend Maggie agreed to do a monthly beauty post.  Maggie's make-up and product collection looks as extensive and well organized as a Sephora store (I'm pretty sure she is one of their best clients).  Since Maggie has tried nearly every product out there- she is my go-to girl whenever I have beauty questions or need a new product recommendation. I couldn't wait to see what Maggie had chosen as her top ten beauty buys from this last year.  Here they are...

1. Moroccanoil Oil Treatment- This product has changed my hair, oh...and a bottle lasts forever! (LC swears by this oil!)

2. NARS Danmari All About Cheeks Palette- Everything you need in one palette to blush, bronze, hi-light and contour.  Not to mention the best pink blush ever- desire.  Obsessed.

3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Concealer- I've tried a LOT of concealers, including the $55.00 one Kim K. wears (I know, I'm nuts) and this is my favorite.  Easy to apply, full coverage, and hydrating.

4. They're Real Mascara by Benefit- I've tried them all. Trust me, this one is great.

5. Sonya Dakar Omega-3 Repair- Gwenyth Paltrow along with other A-listers have called this product "liquid gold".  I have acne prone, oily skin so I use the "clear" version...only at night.  You may think it is crazy for someone with oily skin to apply more oil, but after using this one night your skin will glow.

6. Fake Bake Airbrush- Easy, easy, easy.  Just spray it on, that's it.  Not too dark so it is great for winter months when you don't want to be jerseylicous.

7. Tarte Foundation Brush- Applies foundation as if it is airbrushed.  LOVE.  It also came with foundation which was a plus. 

8. Supersmile Accelerator- You will notice a difference in just a few days and it is so much easier than strips, trays, etc.  TIP: Make sure you brush for the recommended 2 minutes.

9.. Seche Vite Topcoat- Makes a manicure as high shine as possible without going to the salon. TIP: make sure the lid is on tight, this stuff will dry out fast.

10. Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask (Alex's Favorite)- I could go on and on about this entire product line.  Of course, I have always battled dryness, curls, and frizz. 

- Maggie

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  Thanks again Maggie for sharing all your recommendations and tips!

-a.e.h.

2 comments: