Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wasting Away Again in Margaritaville

Wednesday is my favorite day of the week. Not only is it hump day, but I get to spend every Wednesday night with my best friends and some of their moms at a local Mexican restaurant where they serve $.99 margaritas for ladies all night! It's such a fun tradition that my friends' moms started while all their daughters were in college, and we were fortunate enough to get the invite once we all moved to Memphis after graduation. While the restaurant we go to is not actually called "Margaritaville," the moms decided years ago that that's what Wednesdays would be called. I look forward to it every week, and I'm hoping to continue this tradition for years to come!

While just a traditional margarita is my drink of choice, especially in this summer heat, I came across this fun twist on my favorite drink that would be so fun to serve at a party
(I won't judge if you just keep them stocked in your freezer though...I might)!

Strawberry Margarita Pops

Here's how it works:

  • Pour Mike's Hard Lemonade Strawberry Margarita into Dixie cups and let freeze for two hours (traditional margarita mix with tequila won't work cause the tequila won't freeze enough).
  • Insert popsicle sticks in the middle and freeze for two more hours.
  • Garnish with a lime and serve.
  • Don't salt until right before serving as the salt with start to melt the popsicle.

Oh, and for your men who may not want a fruity margarita pop, try these Corona popsicles (it's okay if you want one, too)! These are so easy! Make them just like you do the Strawberry Margarita Pops above--just use a Corona!

Corona Beer Pops


Both photos and recipes from Bakers Royale

Now that's what I call a fun summer treat!

w.e.r.

2 comments:

  1. Love having you join the group on Wednesdays! And these recipes sound fabulous!!! I must try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Last night was fun! We missed you! I love these popsicles! Let me know if you give them a try!

    ReplyDelete