Thursday, July 28, 2011

Rule No. 1. Don't wear white to a wedding


Alex did a post last week on wedding etiquette, and one of the most important rules we all should know is to avoid wearing white to a wedding. It's the bride's day to shine, right? Well, we may all recognize this famous bridesmaid...


Yes, Pippa Middleton. But wait?! She is wearing white! After seeing Pippa at the Royal Wedding, my sister and I discussed how much we liked the look of her white bridesmaid dress. I started to look into this trend and actually found other brides who had gone this route! I love it! It's risky. It's daring. It's so refreshing! Take a look at these white and ivory bridesmaids dresses.

Okay. I'm obsessed with this. The bride is wearing blue shoes to differentiate herself via Pink Bridesmaid Dresses

These bridesmaids all opted for the same white dress via Weddingbee

Stark white not your style? You could go for a more ivory or beige tone and still achieve a similar look.

I love these ivory dresses from J.Crew via HitchedSalon

I love how different all these dresses are but how good it all looks together via Best Bridal Blog

So what do you think about this trend? I'm not gonna lie. I love it! I think it gives the wedding party such a clean and streamlined look. The key to pulling this trend off is to keep things simple and be sure it's still obvious who the bride is. Let me know what you think in the comments below.

w.e.r.




2 comments: